Submitted by Chantel Alway
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 150g chorizo
- 250g long grain rice
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 350ml chicken stock
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 of each red&green capsicum/bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced/crushed
- 1tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1.Brown off chicken separately in the oil, then place in slow cooker.
- 2. Add all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and mix well.
- 3. Cook on high for 4hrs, stirring occasionally to prevent rice from sticking.
- 4. Halfway through cooking you may want to add more stock depending if the dish is turning dry, this is completely optional.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
7 thoughts on “Jambalaya”
Delicious, but fed at least 7 or 8. Good reheated next day.
I cooked this last night in my slow cooker but instead of the Cajun spice as couldn’t find any I swapped it for
1tsp of paprika
1/4 cayenne pepper
1tsp dried thyme
1tsp dried oregano
& 2 bay leaves..
was such a lovely dish went down really well with the family as well.
Omg so amazing. I used brown rice and added prawns 30 minutes before serving. Thanks so much for this delicious recipe 🙏
This is such an awesome dish. Definitely will be a regular . Thanks so much
This was absolutely amazing, thanks so much for this beautiful recipe. Will be on the rotation now xx
Made this the other day was really nice but the rice turned out to be mushy. Just wondering what o can do to prevent this for next time
My son adores this jambalaya recipe, have made it just for him so he will have a few meals up his sleeve for when he works late