Submitted by Jess Thomson
Jam Roly Poly
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 60 g butter (cut into chunks)
- 100 ml milk
- For the Syrup:
- 1/4 Cups boiling water
- 3/4 tsp margarine
- 1/8 cup sugar
- Combine the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add chopped butter and combine with fingers until crumb like texture.
- Add milk a little at a time until dough is a good texture to roll (not too sticky, but not so stiff it's too hard to roll - you probably won't use all the milk, I didn't).
- Roll out with a rolling pin and spread with jam.
- Roll up and put in either baking paper lined sc or sprayed with cooking spray.
- For the syrup, combine the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until sugar dissolves. Pour over dough.
- Cook for 2 hours on high with tea towel under the lid.
- Note: the jam can be exchanged for golden syrup sprinkled with coconut.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!