Submitted by laura julian
Italian herbs & cheese bread topped with sweet chilli, onion & bacon.
- 2 cups warm whole milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups of plain flour (plus 1/2 cup extra)
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 7g yeast
- For the filling
- sweet chilli sauce
- grated cheese
- onion diced (raw)
- bacon diced (cooked)
- chives & parsley
- salt n pepper to taste
- Mix the milk, olive oil, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- sprinkle in the yeast (don't mix)
- let this sit for 10 minutes then add 4 cups of plain flour (sifted)
- now stir the mixture together. cover and set aside. let this rise for at least an hour.
- After rising for at least an hour add 1/2 more cup of flour, the baking powder, bicarb soda, salt, 1/4 teaspoon Italian herbs and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder. knead the dough for a couple of minutes.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. ( you will need to cut the dough in half as there is lots)
- Spread the sweet chilli sauce all over with a spoon and then add the grated cheese, onion and cooked bacon. Add some chopped chives, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the dough up like a swiss Roll and with a sharp knife cut into strips. place in a preheated sc with baking paper for 2 hours on high. put the rest of the cheese bacon and onion on top and drizzle some more sweet chilli sauce, scatter some parsley over.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think