Submitted by Nardia
Individual Tortilla Lasagna Boats
- Tortilla stand n stuff (Tortilla Boats)
- Flat tortillas (cut to size)
- 2 onions
- 2-3 teaspoons garlic (we love garlic)
- 1kg Mince (can straight beef or beef and lamb mix)
- 1-2 Taco seasoning (depends on how spicy you like it)
- Grated cheese
- Sesame oil
- Béchamel sauce (either home made or jar)
- Saut onion and garlic in sesame oil
- Add mince and brown
- Add taco seasoning and a little water
- Layer in tortilla boats
- Mince mix, bchamel sauce and flat tortilla cut to size and cheese on top
- Cook on low for 4-6 hrs with tea towel under lid
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
7 thoughts on “Individual Tortilla Lasagna Boats”
Thank you for your recipe Nardia. It inspired me to try them and I did go a more traditional lasagne style (ie sheets instead of tortilla, and a very tomatoey mince mix). 5 people in the house loved them and I will definitely do this again.
Had these last night with Chili Con Carne topped with grated cheese and they were great 👍
So easy and delicious, I let mine get quite crispy and they were great! Everyone in my family loves them……even the fussy eaters 👌
Thank you so much. We absolutely love these. I made heaps and we froze some. Have reheated them over the weeks and they are just as delicious as they were the first time. Will definitely be a frequent here.
I have made these for camping trips and holidays ahead of time and froze them. Then defrost when needed and heated up. Can be oven, microwave electric fry pan or camp stove. Also make the quiche boats and do the same. Just wrap both ideas individually in alfoil wrap and freeze. Makes it easier to transport too.
This recipe is so good, and easy to make. It has given me ideas on different ways to use the boats. Just make a filling (i actually made a taco mince) and fill the boat and cover with puff pastry and bake until pastry has browned.
These are so easy and delicious. Can mix up with different meats and ingredients. Yummo