Submitted by Veronica Steegs
Indian Goat Curry
- About 500 grams goat meat (I used some diced goat meat + 3 neck chops)
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1.5 inch knob fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic from jar)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 cloves (whole)
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder (if using cayenne use a little less)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (I used 1 small green chilli pepper)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, add more to taste
- ½ - 1 cup water, depending on how thick you'd like the curry
- Place meat in bottom of slow cooker. Add onions over top.
- Finely grind cloves and cardamom, then in a bowl add all ingredients listed except tomatoes, water and garam masala (you will add this at the end). Put into slow cooker. Give a good stir.
- Set to high and cook for 4 hours - stirring the curry every hour or so.
- After four hours, add tomatoes, garam masala and water. Cook on high for another hour or until the meat is tender. (I had to go out during the day so I put on high for 1 hr, turned to low for 6, put tomatoes etc in and cooked cooked on high for another 1 hr)
- -Credit: inspired by Ashley's recipe at myheartbeets.com-
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!