Submitted by Nikki Willis
- 2Tbsp Oil
- 1- 1.5kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs - chopped in half
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 4 Tbsp paprika
- 4 large tomatoes - diced (approx 2cups)
- 2Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2cup sour cream
- 2Tbsp cornflour
- Salt and black pepper
- Mix the flour and 2Tbsp paprika together.
- Put 1Tbsp oil into a pan on medium heat.
- Coat the chicken in the flour mix and brown both sides of the chicken. (Paprika will burn if heat is too high.) Place chicken into slow cooker.
- Add another 1Tbsp oil to the pan.
- Coat sliced onion in any remaining flour and gently saute the onion and garlic until it is starting to cook. Place into slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and mix all together.
- Cook on low for 5-6hrs.
- Approx 10 minutes before serving, mix 2 Tbsp cornflour with 1/2 cup sour cream. Add 3-4 Tbsp of the cooking liquid to this and mix and then place it all into the slow cooker, stir through and turn the cooker off. (adding a little of the hot liquid to the cold dairy prior to adding into the dish will help stop it splitting when added into the hot liquid)
- Add salt and pepper to individual taste.
- This is traditionally made with Hungarian paprika which is a sweet paprika so in the absence of having that in my cupboard, I have used brown sugar to add a little sweetness.
- Made in 3.5l slow cooker.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!