Submitted by jade marra
Hot Cross Buns – alternate version –
- 100g sultanas
- 50 grams currents
- or chocolate chips.
- 500 grams plain flour
- 10 grams of salt
- 5 grams of bread improver
- 8 grams of dried yeast
- 64 grams of sugar
- 15 mil vegetable oil
- 300 mil water luke warm
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- for the cross
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 4-5 tablespoons of water
- Place sultanas and currents into a bowl of water and soak
- Place all other ingredients into a bowl and mix
- drain sultanas and currants and mix in you could also use chocolate chips at this step instead
- Mix well make into bun shapes.
- Place flour and water into bowl mix until smooth you may need more water place in piping bag and pipe crosses onto buns.
- Line slow cooker with baking paper place prepared buns in and turn onto warm setting leave for 10min then turn off Leave to sit for 20 min to raise turn slow cooker back onto low and cook for two hours
- Place tea towel under lid.
- Seealternate recipes at -Slow Cooker Hot Cross Buns and Chocolate Choc-chip Hot Cross Buns
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think