Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Honey mustard roast chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix mustard and honey in a small bowl
- Place 1/4 cup of water into slow cooker bowl
- Place chicken into bowl also
- Spoon over honey mustard mixture
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Baste twice during cooking to get great colour
- Baste once again and place in oven on 180c for 20 minutes to crisp skin (optional)
- Water is added to the insert so that the honey doesn't burn while waiting for juices to be released from the chicken. Using wholegrain mustard gives those little bursts of flavour while the honey adds just a little sweetness. Serve with baked vegetables and steamed greens. This was cooked in 5.5L cookwell.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!