Submitted by Brett “Tyga” Danvers
Honey Mustard Pork with Apple Pear and Sage
- 1kg Pork Neck (scotch fillet) cut into 2cm thick steaks
- (Use chops if u like)
- 2 Granny Smith apples-1/4'd, cored and sliced thick
- 1 Green Pear-firm cut same as apples
- 1 onion halved and sliced
- 1 sprig of Sage (6 leaves)
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- Pinch of Chilli flakes
- 2 heaping Tbsp Honey
- 1 generous Tbls soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt n pepper
- Corn flour to thicken
- Parsley to serve
- I seared my pork and placed into sc then fried onion, apples, pear and garlic for a couple mins and added to sc with sage
- With the sauce I added honey, soy, mustard and 3tbsl water and heated in microwave and mixed and added to sc. I gave everything a mix and sprinkled Chilli on top and cooked on low for 5hrs.
- When cooked I removed meat and sage (discard sage) and thickened sauce with corn flour then added meat back to sc and then served with Mash, corn, carrots, broccoli.
- This may not sound like a lot of sauce but the meat and fruit make a lot of juices. also the fruit breaks down and makes the yummiest sauce
- Enjoy xo
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!