I love honey mustard chicken, and my kids love meatballs … so I decided to combine the two!
We serve ours with sweet potato mash and steamed veg but it would also be nice with rice or potato mash
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Honey Mustard Chicken Meatballs
I love honey mustard chicken, and my kids love meatballs … so I decided to combine the two! We serve ours with sweet potato mash and steamed veg but it would also be nice with rice or potato mash
- 1kg chicken mince
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2T vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 1Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1Tbsp chicken stock powder
- 1 cup warm water
- 1Tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp tarragon dried
- Additional: 2tsp corn flour with 2Tbsp water
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Using clean hands roll mince mix into golf ball sized meatballs. Place them gently in slow cooker, slightly apart
- Combine all sauce ingredients (except corn flour slurry) and pour over meatballs
- Cook on low with tea towel trick in place for 3hrs.
- IMPORTANT: Do not stir or move meatballs until the final 30mins. When they are fully sealed and firm they can be moved. Moving them earlier could result in them breaking. Instead only flip them gently in the last half hour and that's all they need 🙂
- Stir through the corn flour slurry and cook for a further 5mins to thicken. Toss meatballs gently through this thickened sauce to coat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!