Submitted by Kylie Walford
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- 5T honey OR 4T agave
- 5T lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1t garlic powder or 3-4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2t chilli powder (I used sweet chilli sauce instead)
- 8 flour tortillas (about 8" each)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1C grated cheese
- 1 jar enchilada sauce (I substituted with salsa)
- 1/2C milk
- 2T sour cream
- 1/2t cumin powder
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Combine honey, lime, garlic and chilli powder and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Once cooked, drain out liquid and shred chicken (easiest by just using your electric mixers).
- Preheat oven to 180. Place 1/2C enchilada sauce in a baking dish. Lay out the tortillas and add about 1/4C chicken to each tortilla. Pour over a little of the reserved liquid from cooking and sprinkle over a little bit of the cheese - reserving enough to place on top for baking. Roll up enchiladas and lay in baking dish.
- Combine the milk, cumin, remaining enchilada/salsa, sour cream and about half a cup of the reserved liquid. Mix together and pour over enchiladas, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is golden.
- Inspired by a recipe from mexican.food.com
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think