These Spring Rolls are simple to make and tasty to serve as either a main meal or entree (Requires oven to complete)
Submitted by Shelleyrae
Honey BBQ and Soy Spring Rolls
These Spring Rolls are simple to make and tasty to serve as either a main meal or entree. (Requires oven to complete)
- 5-6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup (250ml) Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 cup (115ml) Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 440g can of corn kernels
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots (Spring rolls)
- 1 box frozen Spring roll papers (20)
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- Cooking spray
- Spray the ceramic bowl of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise and add to bowl.
- In a jug, whisk together sauces, garlic powder, stock cubes and ginger.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts.
- Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or until internal temperature of breasts reaches 82C, turning once.
- Transfer fillets into a bowl and shred finely with 2 forks
- Pour sauce from the slow cooker bowl into a jug.
- Return shredded chicken to the bowl and pour in just enough reserved sauce to moisten the chicken. The mixture needs to be reasonably dry.
- Add drained corn kernels and shallots, stir.
- Cook on LOW for a further 1/2 hour
- Allow chicken mixture to cool. (I usually make this the evening before I plan to use and refrigerate overnight)
- Preheat fan forced oven to 200c
- Defrost and separate spring roll papers according to directions.
- Place one sheet of the Spring roll paper on the diagonal, add 2-3 heaped tablespoons of chicken mixture and carefully roll.
- Place rolls seam side down on a lined baking tray, repeat.
- Brush rolls with peanut oil
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden
- Serve with fried rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think