Submitted by Laura Galdes
Hidden Veg Bolognese
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 carrot
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 zucchini
- 1 capsicum
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2kg beef mince
- ½c tomato paste
- ⅓c dry red wine
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 x jar pasta sauce red wine & garlic 500g
- 2tbs spaghetti bolognese seasoning
- 1tbs vegeta stock powder gourmet
- 2tbs sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat slow cooker while preparing.
- Place all vegetables in food processer and process for 10seconds or until vegetables are chopped finely. Be careful not to over process as vegetables will then be mushy.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add veggies. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, fry mince in batches in separate pan and slowly add to veggies.
- Once all mince is browned and mixed with veg, add all remaining ingredients. Stir until boiling and then place in slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-6hrs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!