Submitted by Hristina Nedelkovska
Healthy Chicken Vegetable and Barley Soup
- 2 pounds chicken (any cuts you like, I used thighs)
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 4-5 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup barley
- 10 cups of water
- 5 bouillon cubes
- 10 cups of water (or you can substitute 10 cups of chicken broth instead of water and bouillon)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add chicken, carrots, celery, kale, water, bouillon, salt and pepper into crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 3 hours before serving add barley.
- 10 minutes before serving remove chicken, take off skin and bones, shred chicken and add it back to the pot.
- Also add freshly copped parsley and adjust for salt and pepper as needed.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think