Submitted by Paulene Christie
- 6 hamburger patties (fresh raw flat ones approx. the size of your palm from the butcher department of your grocery store. Another option is to flatten down some ready made rissoles)
- ½ - 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced
- 6T Smoky BBQ sauce
- 6 cheese slices
- To serve: Burger rolls and green salad leaves
- Using a non stick slow cooker (or baking paper on a ceramic bowl) lay down the 6 raw burger patties
- Top each with a spoon of sauce and then the onion and mushroom slices
- Cook on HIGH for 2hrs with tea towel trick in place (make sure that in your cooker the meat is cooked through in this time)
- Top each one with a slice of cheese and cook for additional 15mins to melt cheese
- Using an egg flip carefully lift each topped burger pattie (it all stays together thanks to the cheese) and place it on a hamburger roll.
- Top with salad leaves and serve!
- Great to wrap for lunches, picnics or even easy meals at sports games
- Easy to adapt toppings, eg we leave mushrooms out of our kids ones but add extra on ours!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!