Submitted by Maria Peterson
Greek lamb souvlaki
- Leg of lamb
- 1 bunch of fresh oregano
- The juice and zest of 1 to 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons of garlic
- Tatziki sauce:
- 500mls Greek yogurt
- 1 lebenese cucumber grated and liquid squeezed out
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- Juice of half a lemon ( may need a little more,)
- Lebanese flat bread
- Grated cheese
- Sliced tomato
- Finely sliced onion
- Lamb: Put leg of lamb, garlic, lemon juice and zest and oregano in slow cooker turn on high for 4 hours then low for 4 hours.
- Tatziki sauce: Grate cucumber and squeeze out the liquid add to the Greek yogurt with garlic and lemon juice mix together and set aside in the fridge.
- Souvlaki: Spread a thin layer of tatziki on flat bread. Add cheese then lamb,lettuce,tomato and onion. Roll up and put in sandwich press. Toast until toasted.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!