Submitted by Linda Hobbs
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces, or 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 pound (3-4 medium) yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1 1/4-inch-wide wedges
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and quartered if large
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spread carrots and potatoes over the bottom and up the sides of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of the vegetables. Bring broth, wine, garlic and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour over the chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on low.
- Add artichokes to the slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk egg, egg yolks and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a serving bowl using a slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm. Ladle about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid into the egg mixture. Whisk until smooth. Whisk the egg mixture into the remaining cooking liquid in the slow cooker. Cover and cook, whisking 2 or 3 times, until slightly thickened and sauce reaches 160F on an instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in dill and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and serve.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Freezing is not recommended. | Prep ahead: Peel and cut potatoes; cover with water. Trim chicken thighs. Combine broth, wine and minced garlic. Refrigerate in separate covered containers for up to 1 day.
- Per serving: 355 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono);199 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 4 g fiber; 629 mg sodium; 531 mg potassium.
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (174% daily value), Vitamin C (36% dv), Potassium (15% dv).
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 lean meat
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think