This is no ordinary hot dog!!
Check it out 🙂
Submitted by-Tanya Sinclair-Cox
Gourmet Hot Dogs
This is no ordinary hot dog!! Check it out 🙂
- 6 Hot Dogs (you can make these minus the Hot Dogs)
- 500g Chicken Mince
- 1/4 Lge Red Onion finely diced
- 1 Egg
- 1 Rasher Bacon finely diced
- 1 Pk McCormick Burger Seasoning (found in Spices aisle)
- 3/4 Cup of Panko Crumbs (or breadcrumbs)
- 3/4 Cup Finely Grated Cheese
- Aluminium Foil
- Cooking Spray
- -Set Hot Dogs aside
- -Mix mince, onion, egg, bacon, seasoning, panko crumbs, cheese
- -Lay Al Foil down, give a light spray with cooking spray.
- if using your hands give them a little spray too as mix can stick to your fingers
- -Use approx 1/2-3/4 cup of mix and press into a rectangle shape as thin as you can
- -Place your hot dog at the edge and use Alfoil to roll the mince mix around it
- -Once you have rolled it up, pierce the bottom of al foil as this lets any liquid or fat drain out
- -I put egg rings on the bottom so they arent touching base of SCer and cook on low for about 3hrs or high for 1.5
- We serve in hot dog buns with either a coleslaw on top or a side salad. Grandkids just have them by themselves, no bun & salad on the side
- You can use beef or pork mince and if you dont like hotdogs then just leave them out and roll into a mini hot dog shape.
- I found a recipe online for something similar so I just chose different ingredients, added a few, took out a few and came up with this yummy dish.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think