Submitted by Gail Burge
Good Old Fashioned Sweet Curried Sausages
- 12 Thin Beef Sausages
- 1 Brown Onion Sliced
- 1 Large Carrot diced (1 cm cubes)
- 2 Potato's peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon oil for frying
- 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Red Jam (any kind)
- 1 Tablespoon Chutney or Tomato Relish
- 1 Large Peeled and diced Apple
- 1 sliced Banana
- 1/4 Cup of Sultanas
- 500ml Hot Water
- Add oil to a small frypan and lightly fry off sausages just to seal
- Remove sausages from pan and cut into 1" pieces, set aside
- Add onion, carrots and potato's to the hot pan.
- Fry off for 2-3 minutes.
- Add curry powder and stir through.
- When fragrant add Apple, Banana, Jam and Relish.
- Mix through thoroughly
- Add Hot water.
- Return Sausages to pan for 2-3 minutes
- Now place all ingredients in your slow cooker
- Cook on High for 4hrs or low for 6-8
- Serve with Jasmine Rice or Mashed Potato's
- Note: all ingredients can be added directly to the slow cooker but by doing it in
- The pan first there is a better flavour infusion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!