Submitted by Emma Taylor
Garlic Parmesan Pork Meatballs
- 500g pork mince
- Half a cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- About 2 tablespoons garlic powder (or to taste)
- About a teaspoon of all purpose seasoning
- About 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs
- 375g jar of garlic and herb tomato paste (I used Leggo's)
- A generous sprinkle of garlic powder and dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon, til well combined.
- Take one spoonful at a time and roll into a ball. One wooden spoonful makes just the right size (about an inch wide) Chill overnight (optional). Brown in frying pan/searing slow cooker (this step helps them stay together as there's no binder like egg in the mix)
- Set aside the meatballs.
- In the base of the slow cooker, mix half of the tomato paste, half the garlic, half the basil, half the sugar and one cup of water.
- Put the meatballs on top of this mixture in the cooker.
- In the jar, mix the rest of the garlic, basil, and sugar, and fill the jar up the rest of the way with more water. Mix with a fork and pour over the top of the meatball and sauce mix.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.
- Serve with your preferred pasta!
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think