Submitted by Wayne Gatt (Roslyn Potter aka Rozi Pottsy submitting for Wayne)
French Toast Sticks stuffed with sweetened cream cheese & served with Maple Syrup
- 16 slice white bread (remove all crusts)
- 8 oz soft cream cheese
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 c melted butter
- Use a rolling pin to flatten each slice of bread. In a mixer, beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of sweetened cream cheese on each slice of bread. Roll it upjelly roll style.
- Dip the roll in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon/sugar. Cook in the s/c for 1 hr on high tea towel under the lid, then grill until golden.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think