Submitted by Emma Webster
French green beans, carrots and onions
- 2 cups of frozen green beans
- 2 carrots cut into small sticks
- Quarter of an onion diced small
- 2 cloves of garlic finally chopped
- 1/2 a teaspoon of dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs
- 2 heaped teaspoons of margarine or butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set slow cooker to high whilst preparing ingredients, then add all ingredients to slow cooker, I put the teaspoons of butter on the top of the vegetables so that the butter melts and creates moisture during cooking. Cook on high one hour with lid on and no teatowel, I stir half way through.
- Serve with any meat. This is a perfect side dish that you can make in the 1.5 litre slow cooker. You could have your larger slow cooker making a yummy roast or casserole and then have your baby slow cooker making this as your side dish.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think