Submitted by Simon Christie
Finger lickin’ sticky chicken wings
- 1kg chicken wings (tipped and sectioned. discard tips)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- black pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Bring to simmer the first 7 ingredients on stove top pot or in your searing slow cooker until sugar is dissolved
- Put wings into slow cooker pot and toss to coat
- Gently stir occasionally.
- Cook for 4 hours low (using 6ltr Russell Hobbs sear and cook)
- Finally, remove chicken and thicken sauce using cornflour (mixed with a little water to form paste)then pour sauce over wings before serving.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds when plating.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!