Submitted by joanne ryan
Fig, mango & raspberry bread and butter pudding
- 315gms sliced bread
- 1/2 cup of fig jam
- 1 tin of mango slices
- 2 cups of frozen raspberries
- 21/2 cups of milk
- 21/2 cups of cream
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- Spread bread with jam and a little butter. Cut bread to shape.
- Diced mango slices.
- Layer bread and with each layer add mango and raspberries and repeat till all bread is gone.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of last layer.
- Combine milk,cream,vanilla and caster sugar in jug. Whisk the eggs and combine with milk cream vanilla and sugar. Whisk well.
- Pour onto bread. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add a few mangos pieces and raspberries to the top of bread and custard mixture.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. When cooked. Remove bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think