Submitted by Brett “Tyga” Danvers
Family Friendly Buffalo Wings
- 2kg chicken drumettes, (or wings tips removed and cut in half)
- 1/2 cup sweet baby rays buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- (Adult version 1 cup buffalo sauce 1 red chilli diced)
- 3 Tbsp salted butter
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4Tbsp maple syrup (or just use 8 Tbsp honey)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3garlic cloves chopped
- Throw all your sauce ingredients into a 5lt SC on high and stir until combined.
- Add chicken wings. Stir until well coated.
- Cook on low 3hrs or high 1-2hrs.
- ***TEA TOWEL OR PAPER TOWEL*** under lid so sauce isn't too wet and watered down..
- Remove wings from slow cooker and place on a baking paper or foil lined baking tray. I don't line my tray
- My SC can go on stove top but if yours cant then put sauce in a pot on stove med-high heat and reduce until thickens .6-8mins.
- Alternatively you can thicken sauce with corn flour and water.
- Pour sauce over chicken and place under grill and cook for 6 mins turning every minute or so until chickens charred and sticky.
- Don't have a grill then place in 220c oven stirring every few mins until wings are charred and sticky.
- Can even be done on your BBQ 🙂
- Serve with Salad, Potato Bake, Mac n Cheese, Tyga's AppleSlaw or what ever you like smile emoticon
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think