Submitted by Amy Robinson
Family Favourite Easy Chicken Curry
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds/450-600grams chicken thighs, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 pound/450grams red or another waxy potato, cut into 1″ cubes
- One 15 ounce/440ml can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup light cream or coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 Tablespoons curry powder-to taste, 2T of mil dis fine for kids (my kids)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lemon, optional
- 1 cup peas
- 1-2T sugar to taste, optional
- 4-6 cups hot cooked rice, for serving
- 1. Have a slow cooker ready to go. Place chicken and potatoes into the slow cooker.
- 2. Mix tomatoes, cream (or coconut milk/cream), onion, ginger, curry powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Taste and add more curry powder if necessary. (Remember that it will taste a little salty, but it will be seasoning the potatoes and chicken, so its ok)
- 3. Pour the sauce over the chicken and potatoes. Place lid on slow cooker and turn to low or high. Cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours on high and 5-6 on low. During cooking, add sugar if you desire.
- 4. Before serving, add the lemon juice, if desired, and peas. (The peas will cook from the residual heat.)
- 5. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think