Submitted by Bernadette Mauro
Eggplant Bolognese with polenta dumplings
- 2 eggplants, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- 1-2tblsp stock powder (vege, chicken or beef)
- 1 1/2 cups polenta
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Grated cheese
- Place eggplant, carrot, onion, tin tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder and stock powder in slow cooker along with 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- In a bowl mix flour and polenta, make a well in the centre and add milk. Stir until combined.
- Add heaped spoonfuls of polenta mix on to eggplant bolognese.
- Sprinkle with a good amount of grated cheese and cook for a further hour.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think