Egg and Bacon Quiche
- 5 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 250g diced bacon
- 1 onion
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper (can add more or less)
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Mixed herbs (as much or as little as you like)
- Fry off bacon & onion in a pan, add in mixed herbs & allow to cool.
- Mix together eggs with cream, evaporated milk, cayenne & nutmeg.
- Line SC with baking paper & then line the inside with your puff pastry (I traced my SC to make my puff pastry an oval shape).
- Add cooled Bacon/onion mixture & top with grated cheese.
- Pour over egg mixture, ensuring that that the is at least a 1-2cms from top of puff pastry so it does not spill over.
- Place tea towel under lid & cook on high for 2 1/2hrs (time may vary - I kept an eye on it from 2hrs).
- Lift out of SC, cut, serve & ENJOY!
- Note from SCC: This recipe is for some reason missing it's submitter name and we always add this! If this is your recipe please contact me so I can get your name on your great recipe x
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think