Submitted by Lisa Valentine
Easy Pea & Ham Soup
- 1 large onion
- 4-5 sticks of celery
- 1 pack of green split peas (500g)
- 600g potatoes
- 1 Large ham hock (1.1-1.3kg)
- 1 litre chicken stock (I use salt reduced as the ham is already quite salty)
- 2.5 litres water
- Bay leaf
- Finely chop onion and celery.
- Dice potatoes.
- Rinse split peas.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook for low 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and ham hock, and shred meat (taking the rind off first).
- Using a hand held blender, half blend the soup, then return the shredded meat to the slow cooker.
- Cook for a further 1 hour.
- NOTE: you will need a big slow cooker for this recipe. Mine is 6.5litres, and the soup just fits.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Easy Pea & Ham Soup”
This was really easy to make. I soaked the split peas overnight and didn’t put in the bay leaf. It was fantastic!
Such a simple dish to make & it makes a LOT. Love the full flavour.