Submitted by Priscilla McCreanney
Easy chicken & corn soup
- 500g chicken breast (or thigh)
- 2x cans creamed corn
- 2x ears of corn (optional)
- 1ltr chicken stock
- 1ltr water
- 4egg whites (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn slow cooker on high or low depending on preferred cooking time - 4-6hrs on high 8-10hrs on low
- place chicken stock, water and creamed corn in slow cooker, stir thoroughly.
- Place whole, raw chicken breast (or thigh) in slow cooker, no need to cook, cut or dice.
- Roughly 1 hr before serving pull chicken breast out and shred with 2 forks, return to slow cooker. Add fresh corn if desired.
- Season with salt & pepper
- 5 minutes before serving, remove fresh corn (if added) and cut kernels from cob. Put kernals in slow cooker. Add egg whites and stir thoroughly.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!