An easy to prepare pork belly with an Asian spice flavour.
My daughter says it reminds her of Chinese tea.
Submitted by Felicity Barnett
Easy Asian Pork Belly
An easy to prepare pork belly with an Asian spice flavour. My daughter says it reminds her of Chinese tea.
- Pork Belly
- 2 tspns Garlic, minced
- 2 tspns Ginger, minced
- 1 tspn Five Spice
- 2 tblspns Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Coconut Amino sauce or Soy sauce
- Combine garlic, ginger, five spice, sugar, vinegar and coconut amino sauce in a bowl or dish big enough to fit your pork belly.
- Lay pork in marinade, skin side up and marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Once marinated remove pork and pour marinade into slow cooker insert.
- Put pork into insert with skin side up and cook on low for 4-5hrs ( Breville Ikon 7L slow cooker).
- When pork is cooked transfer to a pre heated oven/grill to crisp.
- Serve with rice and sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!