Submitted by Joanne Crosthwaite
Eastern style goat casserole
- 1lb goat meat (fat removed)
- 1 onion cut into eighths
- 1 red bell pepper roughly chopped
- Handful of baby plum tomatoes (I got loads from the market) halved
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- About 1/2-3/4 litre of stock made with 1 chicken stock cube, 1tsp veg bouillon, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 block of Raj frozen garlic or about 2 cloves chopped
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 100ml Orange juice
- 2-3 tbsp honey (or to taste)
- I also popped in some orange and lemon shells (I'd taken the zest & juice for some port wine jelly I made earlier)
- Put all meat, veg and stock in SC & mix together.
- Cooked it on low all day, about 8-9 hrs,
- Remove the citrus shells and mixed 2 heaped tsp cornflour with a little orange juice and mixed this into the casserole to thicken it.
- I then added some honey to get the taste just right.
- Cooked in 3.5 litre slow cooker
- It was incredible, served with boiled rice
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!