Submitted by Robyn Clark
Dog Treats ( biscuits )
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup rolled oats ( blitz for smaller dogs )
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 slice pumpkin ( peel and cover with water, microwave 5 mins until soft, mash in the water and add all to mixture)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- ### you can use rice cereal if your dog is wheat sensitive . #####
- Mix all the ingredients together except the pumpkin pure you have made .
- Allow it to cool slightly and then add to the mixture.
- If your mixture is too dry add a bit of water.
- Line your SC with sprayed baking paper and press the mixture in as one large cookie.
- Cook on high 1 1/2 to 2 hours , tea towel under the lid . Brush the top with egg white for a shiny effect .
- This mixture makes a lot so spread it out thinner for smaller dogs or use your largest SC .
- Allow the cookie to cool a bit in the cooker and then lift out using the baking paper. When almost cold you can cut into biscuit shapes or just break it up and store in an airtight container. I freeze mine in zip lock bags and get out in lots of 6 or 8.
- If you want a softer biscuits for your fur baby then take the cookie out of the cooker before the edges start to look brown. Below I have listed other ingredients to mix and match in your biscuits depending on what your fur baby likes.
- Other ingredients you can swipe and swap with are:
- Parsley , helps with bad breath
- Baby foods ie, pumpkin pure , beef , blueberry , sweet potato , chicken ,apples , Apple sauce, bananas , grated carrots , maple syrup , non fat dry milk . CHECK ....they contain no onion, grapes, chocolate , raisins or preservatives.
- You can use fresh instead of baby food , but when making meat flavoured biscuits the baby food pure is better for the biscuit consistency .( use 2 jars per mixture )
- *Please note: Slow Cooker Central hold no liability for the suitability of this meal for your 4 legged friend. This recipe, and all pet food recipes, are member submitted. Please make your own decision on what is suitable and safe for your pet*
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!