Submitted by Denise Roberts
Devils on Horseback with Goats Cheese
- 20 Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Cup Goats Cheese
- 20 Pecans
- 10 Slices Bacon (cut in half)
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- Stuff each date with about 1/2 teaspoon goats cheese. Top each date with a pecan, using the goats cheese to hold the pecans in place. Wrap each date with 1/2 slice bacon.
- Place into slow cooker and cook on low for 1 hr.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on oven tray (covered in non stick baking paper) and place in HOT oven for 5 mins to brown.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the balsamic vinegar and sugar until thickened.
- Remove dates from oven and pour sauce over the dates and serve to your hungry guests.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!