Submitted by Robyn Clark
Dark Chocolate Banana and Walnut Cake
- 1 1/2 cups SR. Wholemeal flour ( or SR White )
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 cup low fat custard ( or vanilla yoghurt or Greek )
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey ( or sugar)
- 3 small mashed bananas
- Handful of dark chocolate ( or milk chocolate )
- Handful of walnuts.
- Whisk the eggs , custard and honey together and add to the dry ingredients and mix throughly .
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Blend the walnuts and chocolate and mix through.
- Cook on high for 2 hours in a loaf pan raised on egg rings or straight in your SC on baking paper. Tea towel under the lid. This is a very moist cake and needs to be cooled completely before slicing.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think