Submitted by Peta Miller
- 3 cups SR flour
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp dry active yeast (optional)
- 80g cubed butter
- 3/4 cups water
- Sift flour and salt, add yeast if desired
- Rub in cubed butter with fingertips until it resembles bread crumbs. (Do not use palms of hands as o the butter melts)
- Add water and make into dough. If it is too dry add a little water extra
- Turn onto floured board and knead into a round 20cm round loaf.
- Use a knife to cut 8 wedges 1/3 of the way through.
- Sprinkle with extra flour, garnish with poppy seeds if desired and place into the cooker lined with baking paper
- Cook on high for 1.5h or until the damper is brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Serve warm with butter and drizzled with golden syrup or use to soak up stew gravy.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
1 thought on “Damper”
Nice and easy recipe.
I finished off in the oven for the last 10 minutes as guests had arrived and my timing was off.
Will definately make again, might experiment with some cheese and bacon next time!