Submitted by Tammy Noble
Curried Sausages - My Way!
Filling, tasty and just YUM!
- 1-2kg thick beef sausages, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 2 brown onions, peeled, sliced or diced (your preference)
- 4 or 5 potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2x 70g packets Dutch Curry & Rice Soup mix
- 2 tsp Curry Powder (we use Keens in the Orange tin, and we like spicy)
- 1 Litre of water
- 1 Cup of Frozen Peas
- 1/2 carton of cream for cooking (or thickened cream)
- I brown off sausages and onions (but I have a Sear Slow Cooker, so it's an easy all in one job) - you definitely don't HAVE to - it's purely a personal preference
- Add in potatoes & carrots
- In a jug, mix the water, the dry soup packet mixes and the curry powder - pour into slow cooker; mix through
- Switch on to LOW, and cook for 6-8 hours - I give it a stir every now and again; you may need to add a little more water, depending on how "thirsty" the potatoes are
- Half an hour before serving, stir in peas and cream - leave to heat through on same setting, for the last 30 minutes
- I prefer a good thick beef sausage from my butcher, but you can substitute with any other if you wish
- Goes great with chicken sausages for a yummy change!
- I often throw in extra potato, because Hubby and Sons love potato!
- The 2 tsp of curry powder adds a really nice kick, but doesn't make it overly hot - depends how sensitive you or the family are, but my elderly neighbour LOVES it, as she doesn't like spicy at all.
- Serves depend on how many sausages and potatoes you add
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
7 thoughts on “Curried Sausages – My Way!”
going to make this at the weekend for hubby and our 2 foster boys I’m sure they will love it. May serve with garlic bread toasted (or not) but it sounds great will report back.
what do you serve this with?
I find curried sausages goes great with rice or mashed potato for our family 🙂
I made this in my sunbeam Sear and Slow Cooker was nice, lacked flavour. Reason l think it larked flavor
1.Slow cooker cooking to hot
2.Not allowing enough time for flavours to be enhanced sauce
Except for two things l followed the recipe.
Instead of frying sausages l put some hot water in cooker,set to 120c .Put sausages in and boiled.Once percooked l removed water let sausages cool.l used 1/2 chicken stock.
I set SC on low for 4 hrs,was perfectly cooked in 2 hrs. I have enough for another 2 meals .Will see if the flavor is better. Was very easy,thank you Tammy Noble.
I love this! Definitely a favourite in our home
We enjoy this weekly, my partner takes the left overs to work- super easy to make and yummy
I used a cup of soup packet ofDutch curry and rice, obviously should have read the ingredients better. Added green neans at the end with the cream. It was abit bland so added onion and garlic salt and some turmeric. Hubby liked it but next time I’ll use a whole soup packet. I only had six sausages of chicken and spinach but it was still yummy.