Submitted by Tammy Noble
Curried Sausages - My Way!
Filling, tasty and just YUM!
- 1-2kg thick beef sausages, chopped into bite sized chunks
- 2 brown onions, peeled, sliced or diced (your preference)
- 4 or 5 potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2x 70g packets Dutch Curry & Rice Soup mix
- 2 tsp Curry Powder (we use Keens in the Orange tin, and we like spicy)
- 1 Litre of water
- 1 Cup of Frozen Peas
- 1/2 carton of cream for cooking (or thickened cream)
- I brown off sausages and onions (but I have a Sear Slow Cooker, so it's an easy all in one job) - you definitely don't HAVE to - it's purely a personal preference
- Add in potatoes & carrots
- In a jug, mix the water, the dry soup packet mixes and the curry powder - pour into slow cooker; mix through
- Switch on to LOW, and cook for 6-8 hours - I give it a stir every now and again; you may need to add a little more water, depending on how "thirsty" the potatoes are
- Half an hour before serving, stir in peas and cream - leave to heat through on same setting, for the last 30 minutes
- I prefer a good thick beef sausage from my butcher, but you can substitute with any other if you wish
- Goes great with chicken sausages for a yummy change!
- I often throw in extra potato, because Hubby and Sons love potato!
- The 2 tsp of curry powder adds a really nice kick, but doesn't make it overly hot - depends how sensitive you or the family are, but my elderly neighbour LOVES it, as she doesn't like spicy at all.
- Serves depend on how many sausages and potatoes you add
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think