Submitted by Deborah Howard-Brown
Curried Sausages and Rice
- 12 Sausages of choice
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- Any mixed vegetables you desire
- Spray frying pan with Canola Oil, cook sausages, onions and garlic together until cooked, remove from pan, slice sausages evenly.
- In the frying pan melt 4 tablespoons margarine on low heat, slowly add flour, stirring constantly to combine without lumping. Add enough water stirring briskly to make a sauce, removing any lumps (up to 2 cups of water).
- Add curry Powder, salt and pepper and continue to stir until all until combined.
- Transfer sauce into slow cooker and put sausages, onion and garlic into the sauce. Add all veges. Mix till combined.
- Cook on high for 2 hours and then low for 4 hours.
- Serve on a bed of boiled/steamed rice
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!