Submitted by Karen Stuckings
Crumbed Chicken Nuggets
- 400grams chicken breasts cut into pieces (try to make them the same thickness)
- 1.5 cups toasted breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons powered chicken stock (more or less to taste)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- Place flour in freezer bag or bowl.
- Place egg in separate bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in separate freezer bag or bowl.
- First coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Then coat in egg, allowing excess to drip back into bowl.
- Lastly coat in breadcrumbs, shaking off excess.
- Repeat egg and breadcrumb steps to double coat.
- Continue until all chicken is coated.
- Place in lined slow cooker, leaving small gap between chicken nuggets.
- Cook on high with tea towel under lid for 1 hour or until cooked.
- I used a sunbeam 5.5L slow cooker, cooking in two batches
- To make toasted bread crumbs place sliced bread into food processer and pulse until crumbed. You may like to do this in couple of batches, I used 6 slices of bread.
- Mix through some chicken stock.
- On a lined tray, spread out breadcrumbs evenly and place in a preheated oven on 200 Celsius for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Allow to cool before using.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think