Submitted by Jacqueline Stock
Creamy Tomato Slow-Cooker Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pouch Old El Paso™ roasted tomato Mexican cooking sauce
- uncooked pasta (such as penne or mostaccioli)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend, if desired
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Arrange chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Top with garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, stir together Alfredo sauce, tomatoes and cooking sauce until well combined. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Ten to 15 minutes before serving time, cook pasta as directed on package. In small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water; stir into mixture in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cook uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Serve chicken with pasta; top with cheese.
- * Tips *
- Combine this creamy tomato chicken with a beautiful garden salad for a perfect, well-rounded meal. If you happen to have any leftovers, pack it up right away for an easy lunch to take to work the next day! Don't have pasta on hand? This chicken dish also tastes great served over rice or quinoa.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
2 thoughts on “Creamy Tomato Slow-Cooker Chicken”
Hi, what’s Alfredo sauce please? Is that like passata? Thanks
No it’s a creamy kind of sauce not tomato 🙂
You’ll find it around the pasta sauces