A creamy, cheesy, tomato based, chicken and pasta recipe – so simple and tasty!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Creamy Tomato Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Bake
A creamy, cheesy, tomato based, chicken and pasta recipe - so simple and tasty!
- 1kg diced chicken fillets (breast or thigh)
- 600ml cooking cream
- 1 red onion diced
- 1-2 tsp cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 190g jar of tomato or sun dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup of sliced green shallots
- 1 cup small pasta shells
- 1 cup tasty grated cheese (I use light cheese but you can use full fat too)
- Add chicken to slow cooker
- Combine cream, onion, pepper, garlic and pesto and pour over chicken
- Cook on LOW for 3.5-4hrs
- Add raw pasta and shallots, stir and cook on LOW an additional 30minutes (for small shells, larger pasta types might need 45mins+)
- Add cheese and stir through to mix and cook approximately 15mins more or until melted
- Serve with steamed greens or on it's own
- I think spinach would also make a nice addition added at the end to wilt before serving
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!