Submitted by Lisa Daly
Creamy Mushroom Chicken (or Pie)
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Bacon Rashers
- 250g Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Can Condensed Mushroom Soup
- 250g Cream Cheese eg. Philly
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
If cooking as pie you will also need
- Gravy Granules
- 4 Puff Pastry Sheets
- Slice bacon rashers & mushrooms
- Cut/break cream cheese into small chunks
- Place whole chicken breasts into slow cooker
- Add all remaining ingredients to cooker -crumbling the stock cubes
- Mix everything together - covering chicken breasts with the mixture
- Cook on low for approximately 4.5 hours on low - check after 3.5 hours as breasts dry out easily.
- (My slow cooker is 9.5L & cooks hotter then usual so times will vary)
Cooking as a pie instructions (optional)
- Slice mushrooms & bacon.
- Add all ingredients to low cooker - leaving chicken breasts whole.
- Cover breasts with mixture & cook on low for 4.5 hours.
- I refrigerated chicken breasts & mushroom sauce mixture over night.
- Preheat oven to 180°c
- Line a tart tray with puff pastry & cook the base until golden - put something on top to weight it down and pierce with a fork.
- Using gravy granules thicken the mushroom sauce & chicken mixture.
- Add mixture to pre-cooked pastry base.
- Slice 2 sheets of puff pastry into 2cm slices and "criss-cross" along the pie, tucking into the sides.
- Brush with milk and cook for approximately 30 mins until the top is golden & the filling is piping hot (to reheat chicken thoroughly.)
- Note: I used this mixture the previous night served over mash with veggies so made 1 pie with left overs. This amount could probably make 3 family sized pies. Mixture could be frozen for dump bags etc.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think