Submitted by Zorina O’Shea
Creamy Herb Pork Chops and Potatoes
Serve with a side of Steamed veggies or salad. The flavour in the sauce is incredible and the pork chops are just melt on your mouth yum!
- 1.5 kilos of red potato, chopped in quarters
- 6 Pork Chops
- 1/2 Tbsp Dried thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup of thickened Cream
- 1 tbsp of cornflour
- Season each side of the pork chops with salt, pepper, thyme, and ground mustard.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, sear the pork chops on each side until brown.
- Place potatoes in slow cooker and top with seared pork chops.
- Whisk together chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder, and basil and pour into slow cooker.
- Top pork chops with sliced butter.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove pork chops and potatoes from slow cooker and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch into heavy cream and whisk into liquid in slow cooker. Cook uncovered on high to thicken sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, pour over pork chops and potatoes, and top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!