A creamy Mexican chicken sauce over macaroni – yum!
Submitted by Paulene Christie
Creamy Fajita Macaroni Chicken
A creamy Mexican chicken sauce over macaroni - yum!
- 1-1.25kg skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 2 x 125g cans of diced capsicum - drained
- 300ml cooking cream
- 250g block of cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of concentrated tomato paste
- 40g sachet of Mexican fajita seasoning
- 3 strands of green onions/eschalots, sliced
- 400g (raw weight) macaroni pasta, COOKED
- Optional: fresh coriander to serve
- Slice thigh fillets into strips and add to slow cooker
- Add capsicum. (You can also swap this canned variety for one small red and one small green capsicum fresh, diced small, if you wish)
- Combine the cooking cream, cream cheese, tomato paste and fajita seasoning and pour over.
- Cook on low for 4.5hrs - adding in the fresh green onion slices only in the last 20mins of cooking.
- I cooked this in a 5L slow cooker and I had room to spoon in my cooked macaroni. Otherwise use another large bowl to combine the two to mix well.
- Serve immediately
- Lovely served with a sprinkle of fresh coriander (even if I'm the only family member who will eat this herb hahaha)
- Note: This is not spicy so suitable for the whole family
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!