Submitted by Christy Roth
Creamy chicken with mushrooms and bacon
- 6-8 chicken thighs, diced
- 6-8 large mushrooms, peeled/wiped clean and sliced
- 100ml white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- 6 short cut rashers of bacon, diced
- 1 tin cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tin whole champignons
- 100ml sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- 4-5 grinds black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 heaped teaspoons cornflour
- 50ml water
- Put everything except cornflour and water into the slow cooker and mix thoroughly. Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- After this time, in a separate bowl mix the cornflour with enough of the water to dissolve all the cornflour. Take the lid off the slow cooker and stir the cornflour/water mix through, keeping stirring for a couple of minutes until it starts to thicken up.
- Put the lid back on and cook for a further 20 minutes. You may wish to add some more cornflour/water mix if you prefer an even thicker texture. Serve with rice or pasta.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think
4 thoughts on “Creamy chicken with mushrooms and bacon”
i had a couple of drumsticks and thick with bones so it took a bit longer to cook, ..t took a bit to thicken it but overall it was delicious… will do with thighs as per recioe next time 🙂
This is such a favourite at our place. Made it last night and doubled the mushrooms because we love them so much.
It is going to taste even nicer tonight for left-overs.
Thanks for such a delicious recipe!
Added a carrot and half cup of frozen peas and a heaped teaspoon of French mustard – served with rice – was sceptical as never cooked with condensed soup but this was surprisingly delicious – thank you for the recipe Christy!
I did not have mushroom soup so substituted Cream of chicken soup and I had a bottle of Prosecco and used that for the wine component. I also added carrots thickly sliced and at the end when thickening with cornflour slurry, a cup of frozen peas. Served it with creamy mashed potato. It was so delicious, hubby went back for 3rds!!