Submitted by Carol Wilkinson
~~Creamy Chicken Dinner~~
- 1 whole cooked chicken
- 1 large red onion diced
- 2 sticks celery diced
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 600 mls thickened cream
- 1 cup motzarella grated
- 1 cup of spiral noodles
- Tortillas (if making into a pie)
- Extra cheese
- Firstly skin & de-bone the chicken.
- Shred the chicken & place in large bowl.
- Then put all the ingredients in a large bowl except extra cheese.
- Put the mixture evenly into 2-5 litre slow cookers.
- But i oil sprayed 1 & lined it with 5 tortilla wraps to make a pie casing.
- Then put the other directly into the other.Sprinkle on the extra cheese.
- Cook on High for approx 2 hrs-30 mins hrs.
- With the tortilla one take the lid off after approx 2 hrs, to crisp up the tortilla.
- Just remember everyone's slow cookers are a bit different.
- You can also make it without the spiral pasta in the mix & just make up spaghetti pasta on stove top.And make a chicken bolognaise.
- I created this dish because i brought 2 bbq chickens, and 1 of them with had with a salad & i cooled & froze the other.Then when i got the other one out i thought what could i make this time. So i sat & pondered & wrote down what would go nicely with this chicken & whammo!! It turned out amazing. So i this this is going to be another Family favourite. It makes up quite a lot ?
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!