Submitted by Paulene Christie
~Creamy Chicken Dinner Delight~
- 800g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 3 washed potatoes skin on (350g) diced into rough cubes about 3cm cubed for fast cooking
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 100g sun dried tomatoes in oil (oil drained)
- 100g diced bacon pieces
- 1 red onion diced chunky
- 8 button mushrooms quartered
- 1 x 420g can Cream of Asparagus soup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 250ml tub Philadelphia Light 'Cream for cooking'
- Place chicken thigh fillets whole into slow cooker (no need for pre browning)
- Add all other ingredients except cooking cream and stir gently to combine
- Cook on low for 4-5hrs
- Gently break up chicken fillets into large chunks with wooden spoon (or remove and slice if you rather)
- Add cream to slow cooker and stir gently.
- Cover and cook for a further 30-45mins on low
- Serve with steamed seasonal veg
- *Optional: next time I would add the extra veg right in there at the start and have a complete dinner in one pot*
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!