Creamy Almond Chicken
A creamy chicken in almond sauce that will have you licking your plate for more!
- 5L slow cooker
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup flaked almonds
- 8 skinless chicken thigh cutlets (bone in) – You could also use skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1.5 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 300ml COOKING cream – See note below
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup (60mls) white wine – I used Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 bunch mini asparagus spears
- In a pan heat olive oil and lightly brown the almonds. Stir constantly while doing so to avoid burning. Will only take approximately 5mins to lightly toast them. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place chicken, plain flour, rosemary and pepper into a plastic bag and toss to coat chicken in the seasoned flour. Remove chicken from bag and place in slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine cream, garlic, corn flour, stock powder and wine and pour over chicken
- Scatter almonds on top of chicken
- Cook on low for 6hrs with 'THE TEA TOWEL TRICK' in place. When there is only 2hrs of cooking time remaining add the baby asparagus pieces around the chicken for the final 2hrs.
- Plate chicken and asparagus and give sauce a good whisk before pouring over. If sauce isn't thick enough for your liking you can always add 1-2 tsp corn flour, first mixed into a slurry with 1-2 tbsp water, and stirred through the sauce in the final 10mins of cooking time, whisked in to allow it to thicken. It can also be reduced in a saucepan on stove to thicken if you prefer.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato or rice and a side of seasonal vegetables. We went with fresh steamed corned cobs and broccolini.
- Note: Cooking cream is a kind that doesn't split. More info HERE
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think