Delicious American style creamed corn that makes a perfect side dish!
- 3L Slow Cooker (You can use a larger cooker but just remember it will cook faster in an emptier cooker so give it a little less)
- 500 grams frozen corn kernals
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300 ml cooking cream
- 125 grams block style cream cheese, cubed
- 50 grams butter, cubed
- Place the corn in the slow cooker and add the salt.
- Pour the cream over, then scatter cream cheese and butter over the top of that.
- Cook on low for 4hrs, stirring once or twice in the final hours to break down the cream cheese and butter until well combined
- While I use a 3L slow cooker, this can be done in a larger cooker, just be mindful times will vary as an emptier cooker will cook hotter.A 1.5L slow cooker tends to cook a little hot also so it too might be closer to 3hrs instead but again, keep an eye on it and stir as needed.
Tried this recipe?Scroll Down To Share What You Think